Tuesday, March 9, 2010








Today was a really good day. But as usual the day did not pass without thinking of our precious Hezekiah. This morning we went to the Woman's and Babies hospital where Hezekiah was born. We were so blessed with such a wonderful group of people that took care of Hezekiah and I. It was so good to see those who had the chance to stop by. The genuine love and concern was so evident as we were at Woman's and Babies back in January. As Ken and I drove home we talked about why these people are so important to us. What I mean is that we have had other babies in the hospital and have never left with this feeling before. We love these people and they are a part of our family in a sense. The connection is Hezekiah, he links them to us and it's what we have left after he left this Earth. And we want to cling to all that he has left because that is what we have. Where this will lead I don't know but we will never forget the kindness and love. The palliative care team is amazing there, the nurses are AMAZING! I can't wait to see them all again. And I must see them soon because I forgot to take pictures...I had the camera there and never took it out. I was to busy enjoying those who loved us and more importantly loved our Hezekiah. I meant to ask them if I could post their pictures on the blog but forgot so next time I will ask and then I will possibly be able to introduce you to some of these amazing people ;0)

After our Woman's and Babies visit we went to the park and played baseball. It was so much fun to laugh and play with the kids. It has been awhile that we had such joy and laughter and I must admit we need it more often. It is hard to go on but we must. Having faith is hard and this journey has shown me how weak I am. I have needed to lean on the Lord constantly in order to even make it through the day. I cannot make it on my own, I've tried and I fail miserably. I have come to realize that without God I am a disaster and everything I do fails. But with him it is amazing. I have some things I want to say on that matter but the kids need baths and bedtime is near. So for now I will leave it at that!

May we all seek the Lord as we labor on this Earth

No comments:

Post a Comment