Sunday, September 26, 2010











Life has been extra busy here in our household. School has begun and we are heading into our 4th week. I love teaching my children and find joy in working with them, it is amazing how children are so eager to learn if given the right tools and encouragement to do so. I have found my days to be very busy as I have 5 officially in school. I find organization and a schedule to be the key to success for our family.

I think the hardest thing about homeschooling is occupying the younger children. I have bins of education things for the little girls while I teach the older ones, then I take time to read and play with them a bit between lessons. This helps them and actually helps me in return because they are more than content to play when I need them to. I am used to having a clinging baby in my arms, nursing during lessons, and having giggly distractions. How my heart so desires for that. Hezekiah would be teething, crawling, and enjoying making his siblings laugh. I remember these distractions before and was not fond of them as I had so much to do. Now my heart aches for them...it's a lesson of don't know what you got till it's gone!

On school days my mind is so busy that it is in the evenings that I find the tears rolling as I think of Hezekiah. I of course see his pictures and think of him but I can't take the time to let loose these emotions that I have. When the weekend comes I am pretty much a mess. I know time will help me to deal as we adjust to school.

Hezekiah has given me a passion to take every minute I can with his brothers and sisters. To love them, be patient, and serve them. I do not want to take for granted that which the Lord has blessed me with. I cannot think of myself nor can I assume they will always be here. I must use these days for God's glory and not waste them. Soon enough they will be grown up and on their own. So with God's grace, mercy, and strength I shall sharpen the arrows he has blessed Ken and I with and I will look forward to that glorious reunion in which I will see my precious Hezekiah once again. I love you my son!

No comments:

Post a Comment