Wednesday, June 23, 2010

The Lord gives and the Lord takes away...



Looking back over the past 2 years we have certainly suffered great loss. Before I was pregnant with Hezekiah we had taken our niece into our home. We picked Miriam up from the hospital and had her for several months. We cared for her and loved her as our own, she became a part of our family. She truly was/is a precious one. Then came the day when we were told to give her back to her Mom. I remember standing outside holding Miriam and crying questioning how I was going to hand this little girl over that we had all fallen in love with? How would we live without her? How would she feel being taken from us? At that time I was pregnant with Hezekiah and little did I know what the future held. Looking back that was only the beginning...

When I look back at these two life altering situations I still sometimes struggle with why God would allow it to happen. But I know Miriam left our home and Hezekiah left this Earth because God ordained it. It does not matter that a man lied and his lie caused Miriam to be handed over to her Mother. It does not matter that folic acid and environmental issues are linked to anacephalic babies. God IS still in control and HIS will is being done. I do not understand it all and I know I need to continue to trust God. I know both Miriam and Hezekiah are right where the Lord wants them to be. My heart aches and wonders in regards to both of them but I continue to cling to God's promises. HE IS FAITHFUL AND HE IS JUST!

No comments:

Post a Comment